Spring is right around the corner, and you know what that means? Spring Cleaning! Cleaning your swimsuits, that is. Swimwear can be expensive and learning how to properly wash your swimsuits can not only make them last longer, but also help keep them looking pristine.
- Make sure you rinse your suit in cold water after every use
- It is essential to wash all the sunscreen, sand, or chemicals, such as chlorine from the pool, which can damage the suit
- If possible- avoid using a washing machine
- It is better to hand wash your suits with mild soap in order to protect them from getting torn or stretched by the washer
- If you MUST use a washer, do so at the end of the season only and make sure to place the suit in a pillow case or mesh bag to protect it
- Add detergent only after a few wears and make sure to use a small amount
- Pro tip: turn it inside out!
- Never wring out or twist your suits!
- Lay your suits flat or hang them to dry
- Do place them in direct sunlight as it can fade the fabric
- Never put your swimsuits in the dryer
- Dryers can damage the fabric
- Have a stain? No worries, just apply baking soda on the stain and let it sit for a couple of hours before washing!