It's time for the season of LOVE! ❤️ DIY crafts are always fun during Valentine's Day and can even make great gifts!
Design Sponge has a fun DIY heart bath bomb project that you can give as a gift or keep for yourself! Bath bombs have become increasingly popular over the years not just because of their fun elements but also because of their skin soothing benefits. They are made up of essential oils, skin-conditioning ingredients, salts, and some fun ingredients such as glitter, and rose petals! These bath bombs include Epsom Salt, which can help relax muscles and loosen stiff joints. Additionally, it helps to relax the nervous system and also helps release toxins from the body. These bath bombs also include baking soda which also has many benefits such as relieving tension, boosting circulation, and helps detox the body.
The bathroom is our only escape from our stressful, every day lives. So lay back, relax, and enjoy your bath!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 2 1/2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- Bath bomb colorant (we used beet powder)
*Be careful not to use food coloring as it may stain your bathtub
- Witch hazel
- Essential oil or fragrance
- Mixing bowl
-Heart mold pan (silicone)
-spray bottle (filled with the witch hazel)
1. Combine the citric acid, Epsom salt and baking soda in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Add a few drops of the colorant and your fragrance of choice. Mix in the colorant using your hands. (The bath bomb colorant will clump up, but it shouldn’t cause the bombs to fizz)
3. This next step is the tricky one: You need to get the mixture moist enough to form into the molds but not wet enough to start fizzing. Proceed slowly, spritzing the mixture and mixing the witch hazel in with your hands.
4. Once the mixture sticks together when you squeeze it, pack it into the molds.
5. Let the mixture dry overnight. Then gently remove the bath bombs from the mold.