What a better way to get into the holiday spirit than with some Christmas cookies! These cookies are not only delicious, but also vegan friendly. During the Holiday season, cookies are almost a must and there are so many different types of cookie recipes that catch our eye. However, we rarely see vegan cookie recipes and for those of us that are vegan, it's quite a bummer. We got our recipe from "Vegan Heaven" which is a blog that offers lots of delicious vegan recipes. Making these was not only super simple but also lots of fun! Hope you enjoy.
Makes: 20-25 cookies Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
- 3/4 cup powdered brown sugar
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup powdered brown sugar
- 1 to 1 1/12 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. First make the powdered brown sugar: Put the brown sugar (3/4 cup) in a blender and pulse for about 30-60 seconds until the sugar is powdered.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
3. On a floured board or baking parchment, roll out the dough to about 0.4 inch (1 cm) thickness and cut it into star shapes using a cookie cutter.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the star-shaped cookies on top.
5. Preheat the oven to 360 °F (about 180 °C) and bake for about 6-8 minutes. Make sure not to bake them too long, so they don't get hard. They're supposed to still be a bit soft.
6. In the meantime, make the icing: Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth. If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar. Let the cookies cool down and spread them evenly using a knife or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle them with some more cinnamon.
Now, wrap them up in cute packaging and you're all set!
Make sure to tag us @sunsetsseparates!